Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of contents
Do you want to increase the volume of your company? Or maybe you want to automate the processes? If the answer is “Yes, ” you should consider hiring a professional data scientist.
Most of the enterprises use data science and machine learning or consider using it. The research and development department is a total leader here.
Deployment status of data science and machine learning in organizations worldwide as of 2019
As a result, the demand for data scientists is rising, and here is why:
- Big Data popularity. Each user action leaves various types of impact on data. This growth should be controlled and analyzed in order to improve usability and customer experience.
- New technologies and trends. It has become more popular to create automated mechanisms that help people make their work easier. Those technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, require lots of information and the best data scientists.
Big Brands That Benefit From The Usage Of Data Science
The prices on the Amazon website change more than 2 million times in a day. This is a result of evaluating shopping patterns, opponent’s prices, and product popularity in the marketplace.
This streaming service deserved its popularity because Netflix knows its clients and their needs. They analyze all different types of data, from the genre of movies/series you watch the most to the time when you paused the movie.
Their main goal is to achieve total personalization for their customers, and data analysis is inevitable here.
Starbucks gathers data and information from clients in its mobile application. Further, it is used in creating marketing and discount campaigns.
All the data that McDonald’s gathered through the years of work they used in their digital menu that adapts to various factors, from the weather outside to the day of the week.
Who Are Data Scientists?
A Data Scientist Specialist is a person who helps companies go through data, analyze it, and notice patterns. Eventually, they assist in creating strategies, give advice, write reports, and predict future events that might influence the company’s work.
Among their main responsibilities are:
- Compare similar data to avoid previous mistakes
- Create tools to make the work more efficient
- Summarize, gather and present the information
- Use and create high-tech instruments
- Research and analyze
What Are The Primary Skills Of A Data Scientist?
A data scientist, first of all, should be a master of analytics as a senior data analyst. This person should avoid common mistakes based on previous experience.
The most popular technical skills are:
- Programming and knowledge of databases (Python, R, SQL, Hadoop, Java, etc.)
- Big Data
- Data Visualization
- Data Processing
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Last but not least, Harvard Business Review suggests paying attention to how collaborative and adaptive they are. Data Scientist is going to work with a large amount, not just data but teams, so this person should know how to find common ground with people.
Most Popular Ways And Places Where You Can Hire A Data Scientist
Wonder how to hire a data scientist? You can go through the pile of CVs by yourself or hire the company that will assist you in this hard decision. The second solution is one of the best ways to save money and resources for your company. A data scientist may also be a part of back office outsourcing team and assist the company in various departments.
Nowadays, Eastern Europe is the first choice for a large number of companies. For example, Ukraine has a growing number of companies that work with big data and a vast pool of specialists that are ready to help.
There are a few reasons why outstaffing is a good choice:
- It saves money.
- It provides you with a specialist with experience in your field.
- It helps you to focus on more than one issue at a time.
- It provides you with a team that easily fits in the culture and pace of the company.
Before hiring a specialist, consider the skills that we’ve listed above in this article. They are a must-have. Also, pay attention to:
- Experience in your field. The specialist has a higher chance to see the patterns and predict future actions based on the previous experience rather than without it.
- Leadership skills. Technical skills combined with leadership are a great power. The specialist should be able to find a common language with in-house employees.
- Growth mindset. Hire a developer that will be able to be on the same page with trends and implement it without any doubts when it’s needed.
Data Science became popular a long time ago, but it didn’t lose its value. On the contrary, It gained its value even more. The demand for data scientists has increased as well.
Hiring data scientists may be a challenging and tedious process but very rewarding at the same time. Outsourcing is the most suitable solution for companies that want to save money and resources. It may be a part of back office support outsourcing, where a team provides various types of services.