Image Source: Apple.com
Apple takes pride in the iPhone SE second generation because of its best mobile processor, battery life span, and budget-friendly. To the delight of consumers, they were given the opportunity to pre-order last April 17, 2020, for a fair market price that makes it the most affordable iPhone in the market today. Surprisingly, it looks like they’re all sold out.
iPhone SE: The Best Smartphone There Is This Season
iPhone SE Basic Features
Apple’s 2nd Gen iPhone SE comes with a glass on glass body and aerospace-grade aluminum design. It has 3 colorways that consumers can choose from:
- Stormtrooper White
- Product Red
For the looks, imagine having some of the features of the iPhone 11 with the size of an iPhone 8.
2. IP Rating
It also has splash and dust resistance plus a water resistance rating of IP67, a maximum depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
With a 4.7-inch Retina HD LCD equipped with the True Tone display that adjusts to the light in its surroundings. It also has Dolby Vision, HDR10, and Wide color for a more immersive experience.
iPhone SE comes with a nostalgic home button integrated with the Touch ID. If we may say, this Touch ID gives an advantage these days since facial recognition would be rendered useless because of the face masks.
This Apple smartphone comes with wireless charging in case you forgot to bring one during a trip. It is also supported by a USB-C power adapter and cable for fast charging capabilities. You can charge your phone for 30 minutes and get a 50% battery life. It’s as fast as it can be.
NOTE: The iPhone SE doesn’t have a headphone jack but comes with a pair of EarPods for your tangle-free pleasure.
Things To Look Forward To
As a consumer, we know we get what we pay for. Apple says this is a budget smartphone, so fanatics are wondering if it’s a great deal or just a waste of money. Let’s see.
- Chips: Apple iPhone SE is powered by the A13 Bionic chip, the fastest chip ever used on a smartphone. How cool is that? We know this chip was first introduced on the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro. Who would have thought that the company would use it in the SE?
- iOS: Running alongside the iOS 13, it truly is a force to reckon with.
- Battery Life: The chip also helps for a more efficient and longer battery life that promises up to 40 hours of audio listening, 13 hours of video playback, and 8 hours of video streaming.
- SIM: Dual nano sim allows you to use 2 sims at one time for personal and business lines.
Note: This feature is available not just in the United States but also in other countries such as Canada, UK, Germany, Czech Republic, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Hungary, and India. The eSim voice & data plans, on the other hand, provide more options for subscribers from different countries. You can check the list on the Apple website.
SEE ALSO: Top-Rated iPhone Accessories
- Back Camera: 12-megapixel f/1.8 aperture wide lens makes it one of the best single-camera systems ever used on an iPhone. It’s also equipped with optical image stabilization to come up with more explicit photos. The front camera sports a single 7-megapixel camera.
- Video: supports 4K video recording up to 60 fps for slo-mo and time-lapse videos.
iPhone SE Price Range
Prices vary depending on the iPhone SE storage.
If you plan to purchase iPhone SE through AppleCare+, it is only available to 64GB for $3.99/ month or $79/year. You can also upgrade your plan to $149 to cover for loss or theft.
With the introduction of the iPhone SE in the market today, Apple will definitely contend with some of the major players on the budget smartphone market. This will give Samsung and other brands that dominated the market for the longest time a run for their money.
Purchasing an iPhone SE would be a no-brainer decision for anyone looking to replace their old phones for a better one.